Chromecast Xfinity Stream: Chromecast is a casting device by Google that you can use to cast or screen mirror contents of your smartphone or desktop to a TV. Using this Chromecast device you can convert your TV into a smart TV. Xfinity stream is an online media streaming application by which you can stream live TV, movies, and on-demand videos.
Certainly, you can access it either by using their website on a desktop or using the application on a smartphone. This application is available on operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac OS, iOS, Roku, etc. Xfinity stream app is also available on smart TVs.
You can stream straight away on your TV, if you do not have a smart TV to stream you can use Chromecast to cast Xfinity stream either from your smartphone or desktop to TV. The only disadvantage of Xfinity stream is, it does not support Chromecast but you can screen mirror it to Chromecast, or you could use chrome browser to cast Xfinity stream to TV.
Table of Contents
Methods to Chromecast Xfinity Stream to TV
1. Chromecast Xfinity Stream using an Android Mobile:
Install the latest version of the Xfinity stream on your android mobile and sign in to it. Connect the Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port and make sure that your Chromecast and mobile are in connection with the same wifi network. After completing these procedures continue with the following steps,
- Open the ‘settings’ application on your android mobile.
- Click on the ‘connected devices’ option.
- On the ‘connection preferences’ menu click on the ‘cast’ option.
- Your device will search and displays nearby available devices for casting.
- Select your Chromecast to which you need to screen mirror your device.
- A pop-up message will insist that sensitive this will too get screen mirrored.
- Click on the ‘start now’ button to start screen mirroring.
Now your android phone will get a screen mirrored to your TV screen. Open the Xfinity Stream app on your TV and start playing the contents of your wish.
2. Chromecast Xfinity Stream using Chrome Browser:
The disadvantage with the screen mirroring method is that it displays everything that you do on your smartphone. If you need an alternate method to Chromecast Xfinity stream to TV then you can use chrome browser on your desktop for casting. Make sure that your desktop and Chromecast are in connection with the same wi-fi network.
- Install the latest version of Chrome browser and launch it on your desktop.
- Type this URL https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ on chrome browser and search for it.
- Right-click on the current page and click on the ‘cast’ option.
- The browser will display available devices for casting.
- Click on the ‘cast tab’ option from the sources menu.
- Select your Chromecast device to which you want to cast the current webpage.
- Then, the webpage that you are in will get displayed on your smart TV screen.
Using this method you can cast the contents to your TV screen which you need to watch. These are the two methods by which you can cast Xfinity stream to TV and enjoy your favorite TV shows or movies.
These are all the methods by which you can possibly cast the Xfinity Stream service to your smart TV. Chiefly, it is one of the best options to watch amazing movies and TV shows on a large screen. Make use of the above-given methods to Chromecast Xfinity Stream to your smart TV without any hustle.