Google Chromecast is one of the most compact and portable online content streaming devices that could change a normal TV to a smart TV. As it was developed by Google the Chromecast device works more compatible with android mobiles than other brands. It works with iOS too. If you have an iPhone or IPad and you want to use Chromecast with your mobile, then this content is for you. To cast the contents from your iPhone TV carefully follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Chromecast iPhone?
Initially, plug your Chromecast into a TV with an HDMI port and connect one end of the USB cable to the Chromecast and another end of the adaptor to an electrical socket. Power up your TV and make sure that the Chromecast device is in connection.
- Install the Google Home app on your iPhone.
- Add your Google account and follow the steps to set up your app.
- In your iPhone, go to settings and turn on wi-fi.
- Launch Google Home app and now it will search for the available casting devices.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list if you have more casting devices.
- Once you pair the device with your iPhone, you can assign a name to your Chromecast as living room, workplace place, etc.
- Make sure that your Chromecast and your iPhone are in connection with the same wifi network.
- Once you are done with that, you can able to cast contents straight away from your iPhone to your TV.
You can use the Google Home app to cast content such as play music, casting offline videos. But the problem with iPhone is that you can’t use more streaming apps as available on android. iPhone only supports Netflix and YouTube while android supports Google play music, movies, and TV.
Apart from that, you can use all features as in android. As mentioned earlier you can use the Google Home app to cast content or you can cast straight away from the apps which support the casting option.
Apps such as YouTube, Netflix show the ‘cast’ option at the top right corner while playing videos. In some apps, the ‘cast’ option may give at the bottom or maybe in the tools menu. You can use your mobile device as a remote control to play, pause, volume up, and volume down.
You can stop casting just by tapping again on the cast iron. The disadvantage with the Google Home app on iPhone is that it won’t have an option to factory reset the Chromecast. But you can reset it by long pressing the button on the Chromecast for 15-20 seconds.