Chromecast Showbox: Showbox is an online media service app that provides the latest movies and TV shows free of cost to watch. Using the Showbox application you could stream your favorite movies or TV shows at the tip of your fingers on your smartphone. As Showbox delivers the latest content free of cost it meets copyright issues. So the application could not be available at Android or iOS app stores.
But you can download the Showbox APK online to use it. Before downloading the app you need to turn on the ‘Install from unknown sources’ option on your smartphone settings. Watching the latest movies or videos will be more effective and enthusiastic if you would watch it on a big screen rather than watching it on a smartphone screen.
At this condition, a smart device introduced by Google helps you in a major way. Chromecast is a compact and portable media streaming device by which you can cast content on your smartphone screen to your TV screen. You can use it just by plugging in it your Tv’s HDMI port and connecting it to a wifi network.
How to Chromecast Showbox to smart TV?
As Showbox has no built-in casting feature you need to install any extra app for casting to Chromecast. You can use Allcast, Local cast, VLC media player apps which are free and available at the play store. Let’s see the methods of casting Showbox to Chromecast using one of the above-mentioned apps.
Chromecast Showbox to TV – Using VLC Media Player
Install the Showbox application and log in with your credentials. Open the play store on your smartphone and download the VLC media player. After installing the applications continue with the following steps.
- Open the Showbox app and tap on the menu icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu click on the ‘settings’ option.
- On the settings page click on the ‘Default player’ option and choose VLC media player.
- Move to the Showbox homepage and start playing any video of your wish.
- It will redirect and starts playing on the VLC media player.
- Click on the ‘cast’ icon which you could find at the top right corner of the video.
- The app will search and show you the available devices for casting from which you need to choose your Chromecast to which the video is to be cast.
- Make sure that your Chromecast and smartphone are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Now the video you selected will start streaming on your TV screen.
By using this method you can easily cast Showbox to TV using Chromecast. By casting to the TV you can enjoy watching the latest videos or movies on the big screen.
Either you could use the VLC media player or any casting apps mentioned below. The simple thing you have to do is to download the app and set it as the default player on the Showbox application. You can use your smartphone to control the volume level or playback speed of the video being played. Once you start playing video on the TV screen you can control the volume and playback functionalities using your smartphone’s notification panel.