Chromecast Opera Browser to TV: Google Chromecast is one of the most compact and portable online media streaming devices by which you could change a normal TV to a smart TV. As it was a native product of Google it is easy to cast contents using chrome browser than other browsers. But if you need a different browsing experience other than chrome browser the perfect app for you could be the Opera browser.
This browser is known for its small size, fast, and stable user experience. The added benefit of this browser is that like the chrome browser, opera supports Chromecast features. By using this browser you can cast any web applications to your TV screen.
Opera browser is available for varieties of operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, BeOS, etc. Due to the compact size of the application, you can use the Opera browser on your smartphones too. Let’s see how to Chromecast opera browser to the TV.
How to Enable Chromecast support in Opera browser?
Initially, you need to enable Chromecast support in Opera. Let’s see first how to enable Chromecast support. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform it.
- Install the latest version of the opera browser on your desktop and launch it.
- Click on the ‘opera logo’ and select the ‘settings‘ option from the menu displayed.
- On the displayed settings page click on the ‘Advanced option.
- On the advanced tab click on the ‘Browser‘ option.
- Under browser options scroll down to ‘user interface‘. There you will find for ‘Enable Chromecast support‘ option.
- Click on the sliding icon and enable it for casting.
That’s it. Now your opera browser is ready for casting contents from your desktop to TV.
How to Cast Opera Browser to TV using Google Chromecast?
Now let’s see how to cast content using the Opera browser. Make sure your desktop and Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Go to the web page which you need to cast and right-click on that page.
- Click on the ‘cast‘ option.
- The browser displays available devices for casting.
- Select your Chromecast to which your content is to be cast.
- Click on the sources menu and select the ‘cast tab’ option.
- Now the page which you have selected will appear on your TV screen.
Similarly, you can cast any files, video, audio to Chromecast using the Opera browser. You can even cast your entire desktop screen to your TV screen by selecting the ‘cast desktop’ option on the sources menu.