Chromecast HBO NOW: HBO NOW is an American subscription-based video-on-demand service operated by American premium television network HBO. This service gives the subscribers on-demand access to HBO’s library of original programs, films, and much more content. HBO NOW does not require any television subscription to use it but HBO Go requires such subscription. The main purpose of developing this app is to compete with other online streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
The main thing to notice in HBO NOW is that it could only stream on-demand video content. It could not stream live TV channels or shows. But you can get all original movies through HBO NOW as in HBO. The important thing to notice is that you need an Apple device such as iPhone, iPad, or an Apple TV to sign up for HBO NOW or if you have an internet service provided by Cablevision in your area you could also sign up for HBO NOW using that internet service. But after signing up you can use any of your android devices like android mobiles or smart TVs to watch HBO NOW content.
How to Chromecast HBO NOW to smart TV?
HBO NOW is one of the compatible apps which supports Chromecast. You can stream HBO NOW from your mobile or desktop easily using Chromecast. Let’s see the methods in detail to cast HBO NOW to your TV.
1 . Using a Smartphone:
You need a TV with an HDMI port to connect Chromecast to the TV. Plugin your Chromecast to the HDMI port in your TV and connect it to a power supply. After completing this continue with the following steps.
- Install the latest version of the HBO NOW app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and start playing a video of your wish.
- Tap on the ‘cast’ icon which you can find at the top right corner of the video.
- It starts scanning and shows a list of nearby available devices for casting.
- Select your Chromecast to which the video is to be cast.
- Now the video on your smartphone will appear on your TV screen.
Now You can enjoy your favorite sports on a big screen using Chromecast.
2. Using Chrome Browser on Desktop:
Casting HBO NOW to TV using Chrome browser is also simple as done using a smartphone. Install the latest version of chrome browser and HBO NOW app on your desktop and continue with the following steps.
- Open Chrome browser on your desktop.
- Type and search for this URL ‘https.//play.hbonow.com’ on the title bar.
- Click on the three-dotted menu icon on the top right corner of the chrome browser.
- From the list of options choose the ‘cast’ option and click on the ‘cast tab’ option.
- It scans and shows a list of available devices for casting.
- Choose your Chromecast to which you want to cast your video.
- Now the video which you play on your desktop will appear on the TV screen.
These are the two simple methods that you could use to cast HBO NOW to your TV. Using any of these methods you can enjoy your favorite sports videos on your TV screen.