Google has introduced a wonderful device called Chromecast which is used to stream high-quality videos on your smart TV. And there is another wonderful device released by Google is the Chromecast audio which helps to stream songs on your TV. The Chromecast and Chromecast audio both look similar but the purpose is different.
Chromecast is used both to stream audio and videos but the Chromecast audio is used only to stream songs in the old traditional speakers which don’t support any smart features available nowadays. The desired device may look small but it converts your traditional speakers smart.
The speakers at present come in hand loaded with many smart features like Bluetooth connectivity and airplay options. These smart features made us remove the traditional speakers from our life. But Google’s Chromecast audio makes the old traditional speakers look smart and work smart.
Table of Contents
Steps to stream Chromecast Audio to Speakers
- To stream audio to speakers initially you have to install and set up the Google Home app from the play store.
- Once you open the app it would take 15-20 seconds to connect with your Chromecast audio.
- Connect one side of Chromecast audio’s 3.5mm cable to your speaker and the other end to your device.
- Make sure that your mobile and device are in connection with the same wifi network.
- As part of the setup, you have to assume a name for your Chromecast audio. eg: working place, living room, etc.
- Once you complete the setup process you can enjoy streaming your songs on the device from the Google Home app.
- You can control the audio of the Chromecast by tapping on your device name. You can use the volume bar displayed to adjust the volume.
Chromecast Audio – Using Chrome Browser
- To stream songs from the internet from your desktop, install a chrome web browser on your desktop to run the process.
- Connect the streaming device with your computer and ensure that both are in connection with the same wi-fi network.
- Select songs that you wish to play and tap on the cast option that you can see in the 3 dot menu icon.
- By doing so you can straightaway stream songs from the internet to your device using your desktop.
Using Mobile Apps for streaming ChromecastAudio
- You could use the Google play music app to the stream which comes pre-installed on all android phones.
- This device also works on other streaming apps like Spotify, Pandora, youtube music which is available both in Apple play store on iPhones and Google play store on android.
- These apps are free to download. But some apps require you to create an account and activate free or paid subscriptions.
This audio device is not for everyone, only those who want to change their old traditional speakers smart. Because the speakers at present come along with an inbuilt Bluetooth facility and much more. Through which you can stream any songs you would like to hear. It is a compact and portable device that helps you to change your old traditional speakers into smart new speakers.