Chromecast Amazon Prime Video: Amazon prime video is an American internet video-on-demand service that is developed, owned, and operated by Amazon. It offers television shows and films for rent or purchase and prime video. It is a selection of Amazon Studios’ original content and licensed acquisitions included in the Amazon Prime subscription. You can access the Prime Video content only through its official website. Prime video is a video streaming service available for Amazon prime members. By gaining an Amazon prime membership you can have the access to thousands of contents without any additional cost.
The advantage of becoming an Amazon Prime member is that you can rent or purchase movies, TV episodes but not prime videos. You could watch 100 premium channels by doing an Amazon prime video channels subscription. Your Prime membership includes access to numerous amount of movies and TV shows across every category from classic to modern. You get all these benefits just by doing a simple job of creating an Amazon account and becoming an Amazon prime member. That’s all about Amazon prime video, now let’s see how to cast this from your mobile to TV screen.
Methods to Chromecast Amazon Prime Video
1. Using Mobile
- Install Amazon prime video app on your device from Google play store.
- Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port in your TV and power it up.
- If you have already created an Amazon account and became a prime member the process is half done.
- Open the Amazon prime app and sign in to your Amazon account.
- You can access movies and TV shows upon your subscription.
- Now play any movie or a TV show on your mobile.
- Tap on the ‘cast’ icon which you could see at the top right corner of the video while it’s playing.
- It shows a list of available devices for casting.
- Make sure that your Chromecast and your mobile are in connection to the same wi-fi network.
- From the list select your Chromecast to which your video is to be cast.
- The video will be played on the big screen and you can control it using your mobile.
- To stop casting again tap on the ‘cast’ icon.
The only problem with casting Amazon prime using your mobile is the high battery consumption. You may need to sit near a power socket to charge your mobile often. Casting Amazon prime from mobile to TV is a simple task. But doing the same thing from a Mac or Windows desktop is different. Because there is not a standalone app for desktop. The only way to cast Amazon prime from the desktop is using a chrome browser as nowadays it comes along with a built-in ‘cast’ option.
2. Using Chrome Browser
To perform that carefully follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure that your desktop and Chromecast are in connection to the same wi-fi network and you have installed the latest version of chrome browser.
- Open Chrome browser and swipe over to Amazon prime’s dedicated website.
- Enter your account info and login details.
- Play the video which you want to watch.
- Tap on the 3- dotted icon at the top right corner of the tab.
- Click the ‘cast’ option and select the ‘cast tab’ option from the sources menu.
- Select your Chromecast device to cast the video.
- Now you can view your video on the big screen.
Amazon provides their original series in 4K resolution but chrome browser can only cast up to 1080p even if you have 4K video and a 4K supported Chromecast dongle. To stop casting again tap on the ‘cast’ icon and disconnect your Chromecast device.