Change WIFI Network: The advantage of Google Chromecast over the other streaming players is its compact size and portability. On the other hand, the problem you may have with Chromecast is you will need to change its wi-fi network on your travel to various places. The problem with the Chromecast is it can remember only one wi-fi network at a time. Things can get complicated when you change your network and the google home app on your mobile is unable to recognize your Chromecast. But it’s not hard to change the wi-fi network all you need is a mobile device in proximity to your Chromecast.
Table of Contents
Methods to change Chromecast wi-fi network:
Method 1: Change WIFI Network on Chromecast
It is easy to change the wifi network of Chromecast when the existing network to which your Chromecast is connected is still active. In this case, you are basically going to switch Chromecast from one network to another.
- The first step is to power on your Chromecast.
- Now open the Google Home app on your mobile.
- Tap on the 3-bar menu icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the displayed options tap the devices option.
- Tap on the 3-dots menu on the device’s screen.
- Option to change wi-fi network will be displayed in the settings screen.
- Make sure the wi-fi network is active.
- From the screen select your new wi-fi network.
- Enter your wi-fi network password and tap on the OK option.
Now your Chromecast wi-fi network gets changed and it is ready to use. In case you get an error message with this method there is another manual method to change your wi-fi network.
Method 2: Change WIFI Network on Chromecast
In case when you want to change your Chromecast router the new wi-fi network may not match with the wi-fi network on your Chromecast. When the above-mentioned method 1 does not helps you to change the wi-fi network the best option is to reset your Chromecast manually, as this wipes out the old wi-fi network and all data on your Chromecast after which you can set up your Chromecast and connect it to a new wi-fi network.
- Initially power your Chromecast by connecting it to the TV.
- Now hold on to the reset button on your Chromecast for about 15-20 seconds or until the light flashes.
- Release the reset button when the light stops flashing.
- The Chromecast will reboot and resets its factory data automatically.
- Now you can start setting up your Chromecast to use the new wi-fi network using the steps mentioned above in the method.
One of the most and major advantages of the Google Chromecast is that is easy to portable. If you want to change the wifi network it is very easy and it is on a fairly regular basis. It is definitely not hard all you need is a mobile device in proximity to the streaming device itself. It is no doubt that the Google Chromecast is very much helpful in streaming videos on smart Tv and stream videos on Netflix, Hulu, etc.